African American Women
NATALIE JONES, LPCC, PSYD, OF LIFETIME COUNSELING IN OAKLAND, CA OFFERS TREATMENT SOLUTIONS AND CULTURAL SENSITIVITY FOR WOMEN OF COLOR
- Do you struggle with experiences migroaggressions at you job?
- Do you feel like you fall into the stereotype of the “strong black woman” or the “angry black woman”
- Do you struggle with issues related to colorism, or feeling comfortable in your own skin?
- Do you struggle with how to fit in at your job or with accepting your success?
- Do you feel like other people out there just don’t get your experience?
It can be hard to talk about some of the things that you are experiencing, when culturally, you feel like other people don’t get it. They don’t speak the same language, and your experiences seem like a foreign language to them. You want to be understood for your experiences as a black woman, and you don’t necessarily fit into anyone’s box. You want to talk to someone who looks like you and has the same experiences with being a black woman.
As an black female therapist, I understand the thought of not being comfortable with talking to someone who doesn’t look like you or have similar experiences, without having to sacrifice their education, training, or credentials. As an African American female therapist, I take pride in being able to have intimate conversations with women of color and help them get down to root of their issue – and most importantly find that relief. I understand the cultural nuances that others may not get, as well as I have significant education and training to help you work through your issues.